Chicken and veggies in a Rotel pasta sauce makes for an easy weeknight meal that’ll fill your family up! This Cheesy Chicken Rotel Pasta will quickly become a family favorite. It’s a budget-friendly, kid-approved dinner, full of veggies!
This is one of our absolute, all-time favorite family dishes. It’s easy, tasty, and frugal. Oh, and kid-tested.
- olive oil
- chicken breasts
- rotini pasta
- frozen vegetables
HOW DO I MAKE VELVEETA CHEESY CHICKEN ROTINI?
This recipe is great because it all goes in one skillet. Once you cook the chicken you add the water right into the pan and boil it. Then you add the pasta and cook that until done. Add the rest of the ingredients, cook for a few more minutes and all done!
By far one of the best meals I’ve found for getting kids to eat veggies and protein. Pretty sure you can get your kids to eat anything if you serve it in rotel pasta sauce…but I haven’t fully tested that theory. It’s filling and well-balanced, but with enough cheese to feel like a cheat. I get cheers every time I make it, which is pretty often.
And bonus points for being a one pan meal– literally just cubed chicken, frozen veggies, pasta, velveeta cheese, and Rotel. It’s what I call a “pantry” dish, meaning that you can keep the ingredients in the pantry (or freezer) for months and cook it up whenever you need a quick & easy meal.
What is goes well with this chicken and Rotel dish?
While this dish does cover all the bases, sometimes I like to have more than one item for my dinner meal. I typically serve this with a good crusty bread, and even a nice fruit mix! These items are quick and easy, so they don’t take away from the ease of the dish. Also, you will really have covered those food groups!
Try it out, and I promise it’ll make it into the weeknight meal rotation. If you serve it in cute, individual ramekins you can even make it seem much more fancy than it really is!
What other dishes have the great chicken and Rotel combination?
My family really loved the combination of chicken and Rotel, so we searched for other dishes with these ingredients. This Chicken Burrito Skillet knocked it out of the park, and is another easy one skillet recipe for those busy weekday nights!
Love this Cheesy Chicken Rotel Pasta? Try this 4-Ingredient Chicken Parmesan!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, for cooking
- 1-½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 pkg., 16 oz. frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot blend
- 1 can, 10 oz. RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- ½ lb. 8 oz. VELVEETA®, cut into ½-inch cubes
- Heat a large skillet to medium then add olive oil. I like to use this deep skillet that has plenty of room for all the ingredients.
- Cook and stir chicken in large skillet 5 minutes or until no longer pink on the outside.
- Stir water into same skillet. Bring to boil.
- Add pasta and stir in with the chicken. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. (You may need to add more water to make sure the pasta is covered, you can always drain excess water once pasta & chicken are cooked)
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cook, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes or until Velveeta is completely melted.
***Reheats well for leftovers. Especially easy to reheat in these glass, food storage containers.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 970Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 334mgSodium: 1225mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 10gSugar: 12gProtein: 127g