You’ll love this Dutch Oven Chicken Pot Pie for an easy dinner that feeds a crowd! Use puff pastry, rotisserie chicken, and frozen vegetables as recipe shortcuts to a delicious, home-cooked meal.
Dutch Oven Pot Pie
Love chicken pot pie but think it’s too much of a hassle? I’m right there with you! This recipe comes together in minutes and bakes up quickly enough to serve on a weeknight. Awesome, right? Use shredded rotisserie chicken, frozen vegetables, and soup for the base, then top it off with puff pastry.
- olive oil
- cream of chicken soup
- frozen vegetables (corn and carrots variety)
- rotisserie chicken
- puff pastry dough
HOW DO I MAKE A PUFF PASTRY TOPPED CHICKEN POT PIE?
With a couple short cuts, this recipe comes together in no time at all. Prepare the filling, top with the puff pastry and then bake it. This is a dish that can be served to impress guests or prepared as an easy weeknight meal. Use one of these beautiful, colored dutch ovens and you will even impress with your serving dish.
Yep, this gorgeously golden chicken pot pie can be on your family’s table in about 40 minutes, with only 10 minutes of hands-on time. Check it out!
- What are the best things to serve with a dutch oven chicken pot pie?
- I really like to let this dish shine on its own, so I serve it with a simple garden salad and a great french bread. With your meat and potatoes all in one dish, this is literally all you need. You don’t really need to serve with bread, because of the pastry topping, but carbs really are great (aren’t they)?!?
- What other dutch oven chicken recipes should you be trying?
- You can make many things in a dutch oven, including soups, stews, rice dishes, and even risotto. This site has 18 delicious dutch oven chicken dishes recipes that will all impress! I cannot wait to try the Creamy Chicken Risotto and the Lemon Butter Chicken.
- 1 Tablespoon, olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup, milk
- 1/4 cup, flour
- 2 cans, cream of chicken soup
- 1 potato, chopped
- 16 oz, frozen vegetables (corn and carrots variety)
- 2 cups, rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a dutch oven to medium, add olive oil.
- Remove puff pastry from freezer, allow to thaw to room temperature. (this makes it easier to handle)
- Add onions and garlic to the pot, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Whisk together milk and flour, and add to pot. I am loving these silicone whisks so I don't have to fret about scraping my pans.
- Add all other ingredients, except chicken and pastry dough.
- Simmer until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add chicken to pot, stir to combine.
- Unfold puff pastry and using the dutch oven lid as a guide, trim the corners of the rectangular dough to fit the inside of the dutch oven. A rough cut is fine.
- Place puff pastry on top of soup mixture in dutch oven and bake pot pie for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and soup bubbles up around the edges.
- Rest for 5 minutes and serve!
***If you're short on time, eliminate the potatoes. Just heat up the other ingredients- which takes about 5 minutes- then bake in oven as usual.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410
If you love the Dutch Oven Chicken Pot Pie, then you must try this Loaded Pizza Pasta Casserole!