With layers of cookies & cream ice cream, graham crackers, chocolate, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce, this ice cream cake will wow your guests at any celebration. Such a simple recipe that can even be made in advance!
If you’re looking for an over-the-top cake for your next party, this is it. It’s an ice cream cake with everything. All the best parts of a sundae.
And be prepared to be asked for the recipe. My MIL actually pulled me aside to rave over it. Now that’s a stamp of approval.
To prep this ice cream cake, I laid out all the ingredients for a few minutes (to allow the ice cream and whipped cream to soften a bit) and got to work. You’ll need a springform pan and a spatula.
This recipe couldn’t be simpler. You just smooth each layer, alternating between ice cream and toppings. And it’s totally customizable. Like nuts in your sundae? Add a layer. Want to finish off the cake with maraschino cherries? Go for it.
Freeze cake for 4 hours to overnight. You can even let it sit the freezer for a week, if you want to make it in advance. I love prepping party food ahead of time. It’s a busy mom trick for sure!
About 5 minutes before serving, pull cake out of freezer. This step is especially important if the cake has been frozen for awhile. As soon as the springform pan can be released from the cake, it is ready to be cut and served! Tip: for easy cutting, warm a knife under hot warm, then dry off, before cutting into cold cake.
Look at all those layers! And I love to top ice cream cakes with even more dessert toppings. The Torani Cookies and Cream sauce really takes this ice cream cake over the top. Enjoy!
- 1 quart of cookies and cream ice cream
- 2 containers, 8 oz each, frozen whipped topping
- 1 sleeve (about 3 crackers) graham crackers, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup, toffee pieces, divided
- 1/2 cup, chocolate bars or chips, divided
- 2 Tablespoons, chocolate sauce (rec Torani Cookies & Cream dessert sauce)
- About 10 minutes before starting the cake, leave the ice cream and whipped cream at room temperature to melt a bit, making it easier to spread.
- Using an 8" springform pan, spread the Cookies & Cream ice cream onto the bottom of the pan with a spatula.
- Add a layer of graham crackers.
- Using half of the whipped cream, smooth a layer on top.
- Sprinkle half the toffee pieces and chocolate over the whipped cream.
- Drizzle about a Tablespoon of chocolate sauce on top.
- Spread the rest of the whipped cream (carefully) on top.
- Put in freezer for 4 hours to overnight. (Can be frozen for up to a week-- be sure to cover with aluminum foil)
- Before serving, pull cake out for 15 mins.
- Once springform pan sides come away easily from cake, it is ready for serving.
- Top with remaining toffee pieces, chocolate, and more chocolate sauce.
- Use a sharp knife or warmed (run knife under warm water and dry off) knife to cut into pieces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g