Celebrate the season with effortless entertaining recipes, featuring Caprese Bites. You’ll love these easy wine appetizers.
Appetizers that go with wine…
To me, there is no better gathering in the summer months than a simple wine and appetizers casual get together. I love having an impromptu party with the sole purpose of catching up with friends and enjoying the season. With the right wine and a few easy appetizer recipes up your sleeve, it all feels totally effortless.
Along with our go-to wine, we always serve easy appetizers that have simple recipes. Keeping it simple is key during the summer months, especially when hosting.
Let’s get started with the caprese bites!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CAPRESE BITES:
- fresh mozzarella balls
- grape/cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil
HOW DO I MAKE CAPRESE BITES?
Skewer the ingredients on a toothpick and serve. So easy, right?! And tastes so fresh for the summer months.
I purchased a deli container of fresh mozzarella in olive oil and herbs. It was perfect for this app.
We love having a go-to recipe for casual get-togethers during the summer. Pop open a bottle of wine, and it’s a party.
handy tools to make these caprese bites even easier:
- serving tray – dresses up simple foods, easy to clean
- mini skewers – fancier than a toothpick, good quantity for the price!
Want the recipe for the Roasted Red Pepper Crostini shown above? You can find it HERE.
frequently asked questions
What are some other wine party food ideas?
Is Caprese Healthy?
Yes! As long as you do not add much oil to the recipe. You will get the awesome heart benefits from tomatoes!
How do you eat caprese?
There are so many ways to eat caprese! I love just stacking up the tomato, basil and mozzarella and then drizzling with balsamic and oil. You can check out this post for 37 Delicious Ways to Eat Caprese!
- 1 cup oz fresh mozzarella balls, can be found in most grocery deli's, in a container with olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- Skewer one mozzarella ball, a basil leaf, and a cherry tomato.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately on a platter or refrigerate for up to 2 days. They really POP against this wooden serving platter!
Toothpicks work great for this, but I love using these fun skewers just to jazz things up!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g