Make chicken fajitas in the air fryer tonight for a satisfying, wholesome meal that your family will love. Chopped, seasoned chicken cooks up flavorful and juicy in the air fryer. Use frozen fajita veggies to save time. Beats take-out any night!
With two picky little kids who are (seemingly) constantly hungry, it can be tough to find quick & easy, budget-friendly meals that everyone likes. What I’ve learned is to start with healthy base ingredients and let everyone customize their dish to their liking.
Why make chicken fajitas in the air fryer?
The cooking process of the air fryer makes for well-seasoned chicken and veggies that are still tender & juicy on the inside. Plus it’s faster and much more hands-off than using a traditional skillet method to cook fajitas!
Air Fryer Fajitas
1 lb chicken breasts or thighs
4 cups, frozen bell pepper strips and onions mix (can also use fresh)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground paprika
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder (optional, for heat)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
4 radishes, sliced
handful of cilantro, chopped
1 cup, fresh pico de gallo or salsa
½ cup queso fresco or shredded Mexican-style cheese (optional)
For serving: tortillas and/or tortillas chips
- Make sure to lightly “toss” ingredients in air fryer basket halfway through cooking time to ensure even cooking.
- Top the bowls with your favorite Mexican-inspired ingredients! Such as chopped herbs (cilantro, green onion), pico de gallo, queso fresco, and sour cream.
- Try swapping out sour cream for plain Greek yogurt to get a protein boost, which is always welcome.
handy tools to easily make these chicken fajita bowls:
- dinner bowls – great size, nice edge to keep sauces from spilling, matches with any other dishes
- kitchen knife – sharp, knife protector, easy to wash
- oval ramekins – easily display toppings, dishwasher safe, versatile for use
frequently asked questions
How to make a chicken fajita freezer meal?
Place your sliced chicken, onions and peppers into a bag with your favorite fajita seasons and some vegetable oil. Mix it all up and remove any extra air from the bag. Now you are all set to freeze!
What do you serve with chicken fajitas?
Rice and beans are great options to go with chicken fajitas. You can also serve chips and salsa and guacamole!
Are fajitas healthy?
As far as Mexican food goes, fajitas are much more healthy than any fried foods and they fill you up just as much!
Love this chicken fajita bowl?! Try these easy dinners with your family:
Make chicken fajitas in the air fryer tonight for a satisfying, wholesome meal that your family will love. Chopped, seasoned chicken cooks up flavorful and juicy in the air fryer. Beats take-out any night!
- 1 lb chicken breasts or thighs
- 4 cups, frozen bell pepper strips and onions mix (can also use fresh)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (optional, for heat)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 radishes, sliced
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup, fresh pico de gallo or salsa
- ½ cup queso fresco or shredded Mexican-style cheese (optional)
- For serving: tortillas and/or tortillas chips
Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees.
Slice chicken breast into strips.
Add to a medium-sized bowl with bell peppers and onion.
Pour in olive oil and fajita seasoning and toss to coat.
Add to the basket of your air fryer.
Cook at 390 degrees for 10 minutes or until cooked throughout and no longer pink, pausing halfway through to lightly "toss" ingredients around in basket for even cooking.
Serve with desired toppings (see ingredients list).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 155mgSodium: 1132mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 51g