You’ll love this Buffalo Chicken Dip Slow Cooker Recipe on game day or when hosting friends and family anytime! Use rotisserie chicken to save time and boost the flavor. Serve with chips or veggies for a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
I love making dips in the slow cooker. Not only does it save me time in the kitchen but most slow cookers can be taken on the go, ensuring your appetizer arrives at the party piping hot! For this dish, I wanted to do a fresh take on Buffalo Chicken Dip.
This dip is typically made using canned chicken or chopped chicken breast, but I wanted to boost the flavor and keep the convenience factor. Rotisserie chicken to the rescue! I simply shredded the white meat off of a deli rotisserie chicken and gathered up the rest of the Buffalo Chicken Dip ingredients, and of course, our favorite chips for dipping.
Add all the ingredients (cream cheese, wing sauce, blue cheese crumbles, etc) to the slow cooker, give it a stir or two, and set for high. It will be good to go in about an hour.
Once it’s all melted and ready to be served, top with more blue cheese crumbles and chopped green onion. Serve this dip directly in the slow cooker or served in a bowl (see photo). I like to add little bowls of fresh toppings for people to garnish their own. Set out with a bowl of chips, and you’re ready for the perfect game day appetizer!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, white meat removed and shredded
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 3 green onions chopped, plus more for serving
- 4 oz blue cheese crumbles, plus more for serving
- For serving: cut up veggies or a bowl of ridged potato chips (stronger than regular chips)
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on high for 1 hour, or until cheese has melted.
- Serve with the toppings & enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410