Looking for an easy meal that will feed a hungry crowd? Quick enough to whip up on a weeknight and full of hearty ingredients, your family will love this Loaded Pizza Pasta Casserole.
Gotta love a quick & easy recipe! As a busy mom, I’m always collecting go-to meals for nights when I need a filling dinner fast. And this pizza casserole is a favorite in our house. It all cooks in one pan– no boiling pasta, no browning meat in advance. It’s actually only 10 mins of prep and the oven does the rest!
The key is in the ingredients– use frozen veggies and pepperoni to add bulk without extra cooking/prep time. Just thaw the veggies (overnight in the fridge) and add everything to the dish to make a one-pan meal that bakes up like magic in the oven.
Start by combining the pasta, sauce, thawed veggies, pepperoni, and cheese in a casserole dish. Make sure it’s mixed well for best results. Top with even more cheese and additional pizza toppings, if you prefer. Pop it in the oven and it’ll be ready in minutes! Just look at that golden, bubbly cheese- YUM!
And you know pizza will be kid-approved! But what I love about this dish is that it’s also full of hearty ingredients, including plenty of veggies. Somehow kids are more accepting of veggies and new foods when they’re covered in cheese. It’s a great way to get a balanced meal on the table with approval from the kiddos. Add a side salad and you’re good-to-go with a wholesome dinner and some leftovers! In my house, this meal lasts for dinner and at least a couple of lunches throughout the week. It’s a great meal idea for a larger family.
- 16 oz fusili (corkscrew shaped) pasta
- 2 jars pasta sauce
- 3 cups water
- frozen bell pepper strips (thawed in fridge, or microwave to room temperature)
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup pepperoni, slice in half
- 2 1/2 cups, shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup, sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, prepare a casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine all ingredients (except 2 cups of cheese and olives) in a large bowl and stir to mix.
- Pour pasta mixture into casserole dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring halfway through, or until pasta is al dente.
- Remove foil and top with remaining cheese plus olives.
- Bake uncovered for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
Optional: serve with extra toppings and/or side salad!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480