This post has been sponsored by Barilla America, Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I have a terrible time coming up with lunch ideas for adults. The kids are so simple, but I don’t really want macaroni and cheese or chicken nuggets. I get so bored of the same old deli sandwiches, so I thought I would jazz it up with some Barilla Tomato Rosa Sauce! Check out this Italian Sub Sandwich Recipe that even the kids ate up!
I grabbed my Barilla Tomato Rosa Sauce at Jewel-Osco in the pasta sauce aisle. It is so great when I find a quality non-GMO product that only costs $5 for 2 jars (bonus: it has no preservatives)! Check out all of Barilla’s New Deliciously Distinct Flavors, inspired by the Regions of Italy, HERE.
This sauce is so creamy and cheesy and really brings a whole new flavor and depth to a classic Italian sandwich!
Slice up your favorite sub bread. Layer on the salami, ham and provolone cheese.
Add some tomato slices, red onion, and then spread on some of the Barilla Tomato Rosa Sauce. Finish off with a light drizzle of olive oil and devour!
I usually slice up the subs into 2-3″ portions so they are easy for the kids to handle, and they’re fun to serve to guests this way! These sandwiches are so “fancy,” you can serve them for a party or tailgate and your guests will really be impressed.
Head on over here and check out all the NEW Barilla Premium Sauces! Once you have decided which you would like to try, you can grab them from your local Jewel-Osco at only $5 for 2 jars!
- 1/2 cup, Barilla Tomato Rosa Sauce
- 2 loaves, French bread, sliced lengthwise down the middle
- 1/2 lb, salami or pepperoni
- 1/2 lb, deli sliced ham
- 1/2 lb, provolone cheese slices
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- olive oil and Italian seasoning, to taste
1. Preheat oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice loaves of bread into approx. 1-2" slices.
3. To each pair of bread slices, add a slice of cheese, a few slices of the deli meats (salami and ham), and another slice of cheese.
4. Add a dollop of Barilla Tomato Rosa sauce to each sandwich.
5. Top each with a few pieces of red onion and a slice of tomato.
6. Drizzle sandwiches and tops with olive oil and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning.
7. Pop into oven and heat until cheese is melting and bread is toasting on the edges.
8. Remove sandwiches from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes, and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 644Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 2394mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 44g