This post has been sponsored by Mahatma® Rice. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Looking for a quick vegetarian meal on busy weeknights? The whole family will love this Vegetarian Burrito Bowl, made with corn, black beans, and Mahatma® Paella Parboiled Medium Grain Rice from Jewel Osco.
Check out Mahatma® Paella, Arborio, Sushi and Fried Rice with this offer from Jewel Osco! Mahatma Rice Unites cultures, flavors and traditions.
Mexican Veggie Burrito Bowl
We love “meal bowls” at our house. Fill a bowl with protein and veggies, and you can add all sorts of sauces and seasonings to make it delicious. Plus, it’s super easy to whip together in minutes!
Take this veggie burrito bowl, for instance. Start by cooking up the yummy Mahatma® Parboiled Medium Grain Rice. It takes just 20 minutes for fluffy, flavorful rice!
Then, add your protein. We’re going meatless for this dish, so we added beans and lots of vegetables—corn, bell peppers, onions, etc. Top it off with your favorite burrito toppings. We love guacamole, sour cream, and pico de gallo. The picky eaters of the family can skip the toppings altogether. That’s the best part of this dinner. Make it your own!
Mahatma® Parboiled Medium Grain Rice is a delicious, hearty base for any meal. It is vegan and gluten-free, with no preservatives. Plus, it’s the best rice grain length for Paella and Spanish-inspired rice meals—like this one.
Layer up your burrito bowls and enjoy a flavorful, vegetarian dish tonight!
- 2 cups, Mahatma® Parboiled Medium Grain Rice
- 4 cups, water
- 3 cups, fajita vegetables, cut into strips (use frozen to save time)
- 2 cups, corn
- 2 cups, black beans (can also use pinto beans)
- For topping: sour cream (or Greek yogurt), fresh pico de gallo, guacamole, chopped cilantro, sliced lime
- Cook Mahatma® Parboiled Medium Grain Rice, with water, according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat up fajita strips (if using frozen), or chop up vegetables if using fresh.
- Build burrito bowls: add corn, beans, and veggies to rice. Finish off with your choice of toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 427Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 442mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 13gSugar: 9gProtein: 14g
I picked up the Mahatma® Parboiled Medium Grain Rice and Mahatma® Arborio Medium Grain Rice at Jewel Osco in the rice section. Psst— check out this coupon offer!
Jewel Osco is my one-stop shop for meal planning because they always have everything I need. I also love the convenience of the mobile app. Try it out!