This Chili Cheese Dip with Cream Cheese is the perfect party food with chips. Just three ingredients- cream cheese, canned chili, and shredded cheese.
I come to all football parties and tailgating for the food. I am sure that I am not alone in this! I just love all the dips, appetizers and snacks. Shh…sometimes my husband and I have dip/appetizers for meals.
Hormel Chili Cream Cheese Dip
Ladies and Gents, preparing your body for winter is a thing right? Give me all the cheesy, melty goodness scooped up by carbs (maybe a veggie)! Plus, this recipe is so easy. It has 3 ingredients and the simplest directions.
- cream cheese
- hormel chili
- shredded cheddar cheese
- tostitos or fritos (scoops are best)
- Grease serving dish.
- Spread cream cheese evenly on bottom.
- Layer Hormel Vegetarian Chili on top of cream cheese.
- Cover in shredded cheese and pop in the oven.
- Enjoy with your chip of choice!
All you need to do it layer the 3 ingredients in a dish and then heat it up. When ready, scoop away (tostitos or fritos scoops work great)! This dish will be gone before you know it, and if you have a larger crowd just go ahead and double it up! Thank me later!
You can always prepare this ahead. Layer everything and then you will have your Hormel chili cream cheese dip oven ready! Pop it in the oven just before it’s time to eat!
handy tools to use when making this chili cream cheese dip:
- travel pyrex – take hot/cold items on the go, sturdy for long lasting, cleans easily with a quick wipe
- themed chip bowl – make chips festive, large size, great value
frequently asked questions
Can you freeze chili cheese dip?
You can freeze as long as you make sure it is an airtight container! Just freeze before you bake, thaw when you are ready to eat it, and pop it in the oven!
Is chili an appetizer?
Of course! There are many varieties out there of chili dip, and people serve small portions of chili as appetizers as well!
What can you dip Fritos in?
Fritos are great with so many things! Salsa, guacamole, any cheesy dips, bean dips, and even buffalo chicken dip!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 can, vegetarian chili
- 2 cups eyeball it shredded taco/Mexican cheese
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Spread cream cheese into a thin layer on a microwave safe dish.
- Add chili, spread to cover cream cheese.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on top.
- Microwave for one minute, or until cheese is melted on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 757mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
If entertaining is your thing, then you must serve these Mini BLT Appetizers at your next party. Who doesn’t love bacon?!