Festive Cake Mix Christmas Cookies with white chocolate chips and candy cane pieces. Soft and chewy with a peppermint crunch, they’re a hit at holiday parties and perfect for gifting.
These cookies! I made a batch and it was eaten before I could even take pictures. #foodbloggerproblems So I made another batch. And another before the weekend was up. They. Are. Awesome.
White Cake Mix Cookies
I have a soft spot for cake mix cookies. They are so easy, and obviously, taste like cake. Who doesn’t want a cake-flavored cookie?!
Adding cream cheese to the batter just makes them super soft and even more delicious. They are irresistible, guys. Plus the white chocolate chips and candy cane pieces make them feel so festive.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CAKE MIX COOKIES WITH CREAM CHEESE:
- 1 box white cake mix (not yellow)
- ⅓ cup oil
- 3 egg whites
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup, flour, plus more if needed (see instructions)
- 4 large candy canes, or a dozen small ones, broken into pieces (put candy into a gallon-sized baggie, seal, and break into pieces with a mallet or frying pan)
- ½ cup, white chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE CAKE MIX COOKIES WITH CREAM CHEESE:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients on medium until well combined.
- If dough is too sticky, add more flour one tablespoon at a time until the dough is the right consistency.
- Add in white chocolate chips and candy can pieces, mix until just combined.
- Take about 1-2 tablespoons of dough and drop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, or just before they start to turn too brown on the edges (white looks best with the peppermint)
- Let cool on the cookie for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- For taking on the go, we love this sturdy, air-tight container. For making treats for the neighbors, try these adorable cookie boxes. Never seen anything like them!
Gotta love sweet, soft cookies with crunchy peppermint. They are perfect for holiday goodies.
handy tools needed to make these white cake mix cookies:
- mixer – mixes ingredients well, easy to clean, heavy duty
- silicone mats – reusable, nonstick, easily washable
Exchanging holiday treats with the important people in our lives is so meaningful to my family. It’s more than the yummy treats (although these cookies are fabulous), it’s about showing each other our appreciation and gratitude for the past year. It’s an easy way to show others you care, and teach our kids how to be giving.
Of course, save some for the little (and big) elves in your household. They’re pretty important too.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make cookies with Betty Crocker cake mix?
Making cookies with cake mix is very easy. It just takes a couple more ingredients and you will have these Cake Mix Chocolate Cookies in no time!
How to make cake mix cookies without eggs?
There are many ways to make cake mix cookies without eggs. This post on Yummly allows you to choose the cake mix you have and then tells you the recipe for making delicious cookies!
How to make cake mix cookies with cool whip?
Festive Cake Mix Christmas Cookies with white chocolate chips and candy cane pieces. Soft and chewy with a peppermint crunch, they're a hit at holiday parties and perfect for gifting. ***This cookie scoop is a game-changer: http://amzn.to/2FzdUlI Perfect cookies every time.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Festive Cake Mix Christmas Cookies with white chocolate chips and candy cane pieces. Soft and chewy with a peppermint crunch, they're a hit at holiday parties and perfect for gifting.
***This cookie scoop is a game-changer: http://amzn.to/2FzdUlI Perfect cookies every time.