This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyCrockPotSummer #CrockPotRecipes #CollectiveBias
Spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying your summer! This Ground Turkey Taco Recipe makes tacos that are just 4 ingredients and full of flavor.
How to Cook Ground Turkey for Tacos
Hover over the photo above to click through and purchase the Crock-Pot® Express 6-Quart Pressure Cooker.
Right now, we’re all about the Crock-Pot® Express 6-Quart Pressure Cooker. It cooks meals up to 70% faster than traditional cooking, which is perfect for summer entertaining. The Crock-Pot® Express Crock helps us get our meal on the table fast!
With the Express Multi-Cooker’s 8 pre-set pressurized settings for various foods, we can have dinner ready in minutes or use the slow cook setting and come back to a hot meal later. So convenient! I also love that you can steam, brown, or sauté your food before programming, making it the ultimate in one pot cooking.
The Crock-Pot® Express gives me the opportunity to make good food on my schedule, which is so helpful in the summer months. Truly, everyday is different around here when the kids are out of school. With easy, one pot cooking, I can quickly make a delicious dinner or side dish for family and friends. And did I mention the six-quart non-stick cooking pot is dishwasher safe? Seriously, it’s a kitchen super star.
Lately, I’ve been using mine to make all kinds of tacos. Because tacos are the ultimate summer food, amiright?
We love tacos around our house because everyone can pick their own toppings. It’s super convenient for picky eaters! Just choose a simple taco recipe with a few ingredients– like ground turkey, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, and flour tortillas. Cook in the Crock-Pot® Express and then serve whichever toppings you love! Seriously, this meal took 8 minutes to cook– amazing!
For this dinner, I added chopped cilantro, pico de gallo, and a squeeze of lime. Fresh, simple flavors. What does your family like on their tacos?
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 can, diced tomatoes and chopped chilies
- 1 packet, taco seasoning
- 8 small or medium flour tortillas
- Optional, for topping: chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, fresh salsa, lime wedges
- Add ground turkey and cooking oil to Crock-Pot® Express 6-Quart Pressure Cooker.
- Press the sauté function button and let the ground turkey simmer for about two minutes, to lightly brown it.
- Turn the sauté function off. Add the taco seasoning and chopped tomatoes. Give everything a good stir to evenly distribute seasoning.
- Place the lid on appliance and make sure it's locked into place. Follow cooking instructions for Crock-Pot® Express 6-Quart Pressure Cooker. Cook everything for 8 minutes on high pressure.
- While the turkey cooks, prep your toppings.
- When the cooking is done, carefully move the valve to venting for a quick release. Be cautious as hot steam will spit out of the valve. Once all of the steam escapes, open the lid.
- Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 64mg Sodium: 413mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 16g