Easy hot wings topped with a sweet & spicy Dr Pepper glaze.
Looking for a fun, crowd-pleasing recipe for game time? I have just the thing–sweet, sticky hot wings.
It is just the easiest dish in the world, guys. A can of Dr Pepper does all the work!
Pop a pound of chicken wings into the oven for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, mix up a batch of Dr Pepper hot wing sauce.
Brown sugar, Dr Pepper, soy sauce, and your choice of hot sauce. Whisk it all together on the stovetop, and boom–DONE.
Drizzle it over the wings, and use the extra for dipping sauce. Perfectly sweet and spicy, and SO easy to whip up on game day.
Serve with cool celery and carrots. Maybe some ranch or blue cheese dressing? YUM.
If you’re a one of a kind fan like me, it’s as much about the food as it is the game. Think about it, you always remember the tailgating party by the food! It’s all about getting first dibs on all the yummy game day eats.
Your guests will appreciate how quickly this dish comes together. You won’t miss a beat between quarters. Plus you have the perfect drink to wash it down!
- 1 lb of chicken wings
- 12 oz can of Dr Pepper
- Up to 1 Tb. hot sauce (choose your heat level!)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 Tb. cornstarch
- 2 Tb. water
- For serving: cut-up celery and carrot sticks
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lay out chicken wings on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, until edges are crispy.
- Meanwhile, pour Dr Pepper into a medium-sized sauce pan and simmer until liquid boils down to half.
- Combine water and baking soda together in a small bowl, whisking until blended.
- Bring heat down to med-low.
- Add hot sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar and stir, heating until mixture is just combined.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pan.
- Heat on medium, whisking occasionally until the mixture thickens (about 3-5 minutes).
- Remove wings from oven, add to a large bowl, and pour sauce over them.
- Stir to coat.
- Serve immediately with veggies and a side of sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 448Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1455mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 21g